It’s the time of year to indulge. Every day there seems to be a holiday party, a special cocktail you’ve just got to try, or a fresh batch of cookies at a relative’s house. How can anyone expect us to contain ourselves? Luckily, there are sneaky ways to replicate our favorite holiday snacks that are a bit more wellness-friendly. And they don’t require skimping on flavor! One of our favorites is this 100% plant-based Pumpkin “Cheesecake” #reddcipe. (It has a Salted Caramel Redd bar as the crust, so you know it’s good.)
This recipe works for both individual ramekin-sized portions or one full-size “cheesecake”. It’s delicious, and just as importantly, it’s full of healthy superfoods and protein-packed nuts. All of the holiday indulgence, none of the dairy hangover. Your family, coworkers, and S.O. won’t know what hit ‘em.
- 1.5 cups cashews
- 2.5 tb coconut oil
- 1/2 cup purée
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- cinnamon, pumpkin spice, vanilla and sea salt to taste
- 3 to 6 salted caramel Redd bars
- Soak 1.5 cups of cashews in hot water for 2 hours.
- Drain, put in blender, and add coconut oil, pumpkin purée, coconut milk, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, vanilla and sea salt. Blend.
- For individual ramekins, press a salted caramel Redd bar into the bottom and pour pumpkin mixture on top. For a full size “cheesecake,” mold bars into a ball and use a rolling pin to roll out the crust. Choose the number of bars based on desired thickness.
- Freeze at least 5 hours. Let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature prior to eating. Makes approximately 6 servings.