Fall marks the start of baked goods season and anticipation for the holidays. Want the indulgence without the hours in the kitchen? Need a drool-worthy dessert option that’s vegan, gluten free, or both? We whipped up a recipe for plant-based truffles that only takes five ingredients and less than 15 minutes to prepare.
Five Ingredient Plant-Based Truffles
- Matcha Almond or Cinnamon Roll R.E.D.D bars
- 1/4 granola (to taste)
- Cashew cream or ready made frosting
- Divide bars into thirds and roll into balls.
- Use a piping bag to pipe the cashew cream or frosting onto the truffles.
- Top them with a sprinkle of granola. We used Grandy Oats Super Hemp Blend Coconola on the Matcha Almond truffles and Purely Elizabeth Pumpkin Spice Granola on the Cinnamon Roll truffles.
- 1 cup cashews (soaked preferably overnight)
- 1 date
- ¾ cup water or nut milk
After the cashews have soaked, drain the soaking water and put them in a food processor with around ¾ cup water - enough so they are just covered. Add the date and blend. If you’d like thicker cream, replace some of the water with nut milk.
Have a little extra time and want a truffle option with extra superfoods? Check out this truffle #reddcipe that rocks an ingredient list including hemp, chia seeds, and cacao.